Environmental & Sustainability
At EdCast, we shall strive to incorporate sustainability into our core business operations through internal and external efforts. Specifically, we shall adopt the following policies and practices:
- Conserve energy, water and natural resources.
- Commit to only purchase environmentally preferable products.
- Reuse, Recycle and Reduce.
- Promote environmental education, outreach and awareness.
- Reduce our waste stream by increasing our recycling and composting capabilities to 85%.
- Strive to increase waste diversion by recycling all paper, cardboard, wood, metals, bottles, plastics, packaging and cans
- Composting all food and landscape waste.
- Discourage the use of paper towels by promoting cloth towels.
- Reduce the waste generated by donating reusable office items (appliances, electronic equipment, furniture) to charitable organizations.
- Reuse envelopes and packaging as well as purchase reusable products
- Promote the use of natural lighting and solar energy.
- Institute a policy to turn off lighting and appliances in unoccupied rooms.
- Purchase low mercury fluorescent and LED lighting and energy star appliances.
- Conserve water with the installation of dual flush low flow toilets, planting native drought tolerant plants and using a drip irrigation system.
We shall reduce the use of toxic materials to protect employee health and the environment.
Specifically, we shall:
- Choose green seal certified janitorial cleaning products
- Only use recycled content products, materials and supplies when available
- Purchase No VOC paints markers and air fresheners.
- Recycle universal wastes and prohibit purchasing hazardous wastes.
- Purchase rechargeable batteries and appliances only
- Promote stormwater and source control compliance
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
We shall purchase/use the following:
- Remanufactured and refillable toner cartridges
- Office & toilet paper with 100% recycled content as well as tree free paper (where feasible)
- Products with the least packaging (no plastic, polystyrene, aerosol packaging)
- Recycled content office furniture and supplies.
- Promote the use of refillable bottles, canvas bags and reusable to go containers.
- Energy Star rated appliances and office equipment.
- Water efficient toilets, showerheads and faucet aerators
We shall conserve fossil fuels by
- Encouraging the use of public transit
- Promoting biking to work
- Offering telecommuting options
- We shall strive to remodel using LEED Green building standards
We shall educate employees on resource conservation and pollution prevention through
- Hosting only zero waste events i.e. ensuring that no waste is generated during company picnics, meetings
- Training programs or brown bag sessions to educate employees on proper recycling & composting practices, resource conservation ideas, importance of low toxic purchasing etc
- Offer incentives to encourage environmentally preferable practices such as recycling champion, transit hero etc
- Inform employees of environmental issues in company newsletters, training material and staff meeting discussions
Through the course of our work, we shall endeavor to promote these policies to other companies and individuals.
Founder & CEO
Achievements & Awards
Recognitions remind us of our progress and help us become the best version of ourselves, every day.